This is about two-three people in particular that I'm kind of pissed at. I probably won't tell them, because I could be pissed at them because of my own quirkiness and it really has nothing to do with them, idk...
So first there is P. P and another friend and I had been exchanging emails about getting together for lunch or dinner, so the other friend could come see my condo. Granted, P. has been annoyed with K. lately, but why should that impact me? So I email them both, there are a few emails exchanged then radio silence for a bit. Then P emails me slamming K b/c of her lack of communication/planning. So I take it upon myself to send another email to both of them. P doesn't respond at all and K calls me that same night. So, who deserves a good bitch slap here? I say P, but hey that's just me! Not to mention every time I look at her FB page I want to hit her--she's a Debbie Downer...grrrrrrrrrr...
And then there is J. J. helped me move and I am very thankful to her for that and has been up my butt to do something because she hasn't seen my place since I moved in. I have probably made plans with her 6 different times all of which she cancelled. And now every time she talks she wants me to go to her house (she has no car, mind you). And I want to yell: "I've seen your shit hole of an apartment and I really have no interest in watching a movie on your 20" analog television!!!!" GAWD! And she's another Deb Downer anyway, she's always freakin' pissed off at someone, I can't stand it.
Finally, there is K. She's a work friend. She sucks at her job and thinks she's great...She is forever the martyr and wants to be treated as such, when really we all work much harder than she does, we just don't make a point of letting everyone now how hard we work. Example, at Thanksgiving the students did a big "what are you thankful for" poster and wrote my name on it...she saw that, got pissed and wrote her name, 4 times, in 4 different colors on the damn thing...seriously?!?
So what do I do about this? Are these people "toxic" or just a pain in the ass? Sometimes I feel like they suck the life out of me. Of course I also feel like I owe them something because I feel like they have all been there for me at some point or another, but I'm beginning to think that was only to satisfy there own need for drama or distraction or something. Maybe I should just not let it bother me...
It is only a matter of time
6 years ago

4 comments:
I almost peed my pants, "she wrote her own name" Debbie Downer? Oh my. I think somme people always have to live in a world of chaos even when it's not. My cousin has always been like this, it's always poor her but she must put herself out to help others. Her life is always the worst even compared. Ok grant it that anytime we do something together something bad does happen like someone committing suicide in front of the train we are on. I think if there isn't chaos they don't know what to do. I'm rambling, not sue if it makes any sense.
You make sense, to me anyway...I've taken a new approach, I'm going to ignore people if they are being negative. We'll see how long it lasts before I create my own chaos.
I got an idea. We can ignore negative people for Lent.
hhhmmm, one of my comments didn't make it. It was in regards to added chaos to ones life such as getting a dog. Yes, I will be doing that to myself hopefully soon. We had negoations at dinner tonight if I get a dog then Alex can get a cat.
Post a Comment