Gosh, where have I been? Ya know...the usual...work, family, thinking too much, re-evaluating friendships. I've had more contact that I should with someone I shouldn't have contact with at all. Truth be told, it has helped to put some stuff into perspective and pretty much confirmed what I already knew: People too often make impulsive decisions without thinking of consequences and then end up making even more decisions out of guilt. Guilt and fear combined make quite a combo and are often mistakenly seen as "motivation" when really they are just keeping you stuck.
In this particular situation...Two people that I once cared very much about have found themselves in a situation where they are hurting themselves and multiple others. One is "motivated" by fear and guilt, the other by anger. One of these two people has pushed me to the point of no return and I'm fairly indifferent to what happens to them and their anger. The other person, well, it's not easy to explain...I suppose I have emapathy given that I have also been at the receiving end of the other's anger.
I've said what I can to show support, but also be honest with the person I still care about. I respect their reasoning, but I have little hope it won't blow up in their face. It's always easier said than done, I suppose.
It is only a matter of time
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment