Thursday, April 9, 2009

holiday = crazy family!

Easter is on Sunday. We have rituals. We eat certain foods on certain holidays and we go to either my parents' house or my grandparents' house depending on the holiday. Easter is usually at my grandparents' house. Mom called on Sunday to just make sure I'm still going. Great, good plan (Two important things here-#1 I love tradition because it is routine and safe...don't F with my rituals and #2-I worry when my grandfather drives the 1.5 hours to my parents')

Mom called me earlier to tell me my father "isn't up to the drive." Ummm excuse me? My 55 year old father isn't up to going to the 85 year old's? How does that work exactly? And then she says "so we'll see you Sunday?" UMMMMM...no, no you will not. I am still going to my grandparents' house. On what planet would I ever blow them off to go bow down to my dad's cry baby BS?!?!? Of course, I nicely said "no, I'll still go there. I haven't seen them since Christmas." At which point she begins begging "but your Dad wants to see you." At this point my niceness is out the window..."sorry. If it's that important to him, he can go there. And no, I'm not giving into his little game just because you do." GAWD.

Backstory...my Dad lost his job about a month ago. This has already caused my mother to cancel Bday spa stuff with me because of $ AND because he was complaining she wasn't spending time with him. She ended up going anyway, but she left early. He acts like such a big baby. I love him but oh does he piss me off sometimes...

OK. Done.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope you had a good holiday even having a crzy family.